The GCET or Goa CET is a state level examination for admissions to the first year of Professional Degree courses of Engineering, Architecture, Homeopathy and Technology in the State of Goa. Other than these courses, The Directorate of Technical Education also has the authorization to process the admissions for the:
The Engineering courses constitute the disciplines of Electrical & Electronics, Computer, Civil, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecom, Mining, Mechanical and Information Technology.
For the Architecture courses the candidates are awarded seats on the basis of the
scores. On successful completion of the course, the students are awarded with a B.Arch degree
Goa CET Exam Pattern
The GCET examination will have 75 multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark for each correct answer and there is no negative marking any wrong answers. The entrance exam will be of two hours duration.
- Marks distribution
- Chemistry: 25 marks
- Physics: 25 marks
- Mathematics: 25 marks
Total: 75 marks
Goa CET Counselling
The candidates who have qualified in the GCET are eligible for Counselling. They are required to fill up another application form (Form B) for the counselling. There will be two rounds of counselling session. The candidates will be finally allotted seats after the counseling and verification of all the documents.
Goa CET Application Process
The candidates are required to fill up an admission form (FORM A) for Goa CET. They can get get hold of the application form either in person, by post or can be downloaded from the Goa CET official website.
The form should be submitted along with the application fees of Rs. 1,800 which can be paid through DD in the favour of the "Directorate of Technical Education"
, payable at Panaji.
The candidates are required to follow the given steps while applying for GCET
- Step No. 1 - Go to official website of GCET http://dte.goa.gov.in/
- Step No. 2 – The candidates are required to read all the information given in the website carefully before filling up the necessary details in the application form.
- Step No. 3 - The candidates must get a printout of the application form (FORM A) and submit the same in person at the Application Reception Centre that is notified as per centre opted, along with a DD of Rs.1800/- payable in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, along with this they should also submit and three photographs and also get the Photo-Admit Card, from the Admission Committee, on the same day.
Goa CET Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for GCET conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) the candidate must have passed their twelfth grade from Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Education, or other equivalent examination.
For candidates who have applied for the degree Course in Architecture must get a valid score at NATA conducted by Council of Architecture.
The GCET eligibility criteria may vary depending upon the courses that you have applied for:B.E.:
For being eligible for the B.E. courses, the candidates must have passed their class 12th examination with English, Physics & Mathematics as their main subjects and subjects like Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology, as one of the optional subject. The candidate should atleast score a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (for the reserved category candidates that includes SC, ST and OBC, the minimum score is 40%) in Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.B.Arch:
For the B.Arch courses, the candidates must atleast secure a minimum of 50% marks in their class 12 examination with Maths as a compulsory subject. However, for the reserved category (SC, ST and OBC) candidates, the minimum score is 45%.
The candidates must atleast secure a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their 10 3 Diploma (any stream) from a recognised by Central/State Governments.
The candidates must score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a main subject. After the successful completion of the 10 years of schooling, the candidates must obtain a International Baccalaureate Diploma. If the applicant’s NATA score is 80/200, then he/she can also apply for the B.Arch. course, provided that they should get their NATA score before the last date of submission of the admission form.
GCET Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for Goa's Common Entrance Test (GCET) comprises of topics from each of the four subjects that includes Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Application
- Ecology and Environment
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Genetic Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkenes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry In Everyday Life
(i) Relations and Functions
- Relations and Funtions
- Inverse Trignometric Functions
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives
- Application of Integrals
- Differential Equations
(iv) Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
(v) Linear Programming
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
Goa CET Contact Details
Official Website: http://dte.goa.gov.in/
DTE Building, Alto-Porvorim
Bardez, Goa – 403521