Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
The Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (GBSHSE) is the main state board of education in Goa, responsible for secondary and higher secondary education management in its affiliated schools. The Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education was established on 27 May 1975 under "The Goa, Daman and Diu Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Act, 1975" and is responsible for conducting Class 10 and Class 12 examinations.
Functions of Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
- Grant and withdraw recognition to the Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools
- Advise the government on matters of policy relating to secondary and higher
- secondary education in general and on the following matters in particular:
- Ensuring a uniform pattern of education
- Maintaining of a uniform standard of education in Secondary and Higher Secondary
- Co-ordination between the national policies and the policies of the state in respect of
- Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- Co-ordination between primary, secondary higher secondary and university education.
- Lay down guiding principles regarding curricula and syllabi for the entire secondary and higher secondary courses and to prepare the detailed syllabi for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education.
- Advise the Government on standard requirement in respect of staff, buildings, furniture, equipment, stationery and other amenities required for secondary and higher secondary schools;
- Prescribe and prepare textbooks for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education;
- Prescribe conditions for admission of regular and private candidates to the final
- Declare the results of the candidates at the final examinations conducted by it
Examinations Conducted by GBSHSE
The Board conducts examination for:
- Std X in months of March, June and October
- Std XII in the months of March, June and October
Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education,
Alto Betim, Goa – 403521
Contact No :- 2417593
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org