- Nit Goa
National institute of Technology (NIT) Goa
Founded in 2010 as one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India, the National Institute of Technology Goa also known as NIT Goa is an engineering institution and recognised as an Institute of National Importance. It admitted its first batch of students in 2010-11.
NIT Goa, the campus of which is located at Ponda, 29 km southeast of Panaji, is an autonomous institute and functioning under the aegis of Ministry of human Resource Development(MHRD), Govt. of India. The state of Goa is well connected by road ways, rail ways and air ways with various parts of the country.
Academic Programmes in NIT Goa
The Institute offers under Graduate and Post Graduate courses in three Engineering Departments:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering and
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
The Institute also offers Ph.D in all the three above mentioned engineering departments. Along with that the Institute offers Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics and English.
Programmes in NIT Goa
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
Admission is offered on the basis of JEE Main
- M.Tech VLSI (Dept of ECE)
- M.Tech Power Electronics and Power Systems (Dept of EEE)
- M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering (Dept of CSE)
Admission is offered on the basis of GATE
The degree of Ph.D. is being offered by all the Dept of ECE, Dept of EEE, Dept of CSE and Department of Humanities and Sciences, which include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics and English. Research Scholars are selected through CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET and GATE score. For details see Research Entrance Exams
National Institute of Technology Goa
Farmagudi, Ponda , Goa - 403 401