- Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam
Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam
The Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam is conducted by the Director of Technical Education (DTE) for admission in various government and non-government polytechnic colleges and institutes across Goa offering diploma polytechnic programmes in various fields such as hotel management, pharmacy, engineering & technology, etc.
Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam Important Dates
- Start of Application Process: May
- Last date for submission of application form: 3rd week of June
- Issue of Admit Cards: 1st week of July
- Entrance Exam Date: August
- Declaration of Results: 2nd week of September
- Start of the Counselling Process: September
- For latest dates visit EducationNews.Shiksha
Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be a resident of Goa.
- There is no age limit for candidates applying for Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam.
- The candidate should have completed their class 10 or other equivalent exam from a recognised board.
- Candidates applying for diploma in Engineering courses should score a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved category) marks with Science, Maths and English as compulsory subjects.
- For Hotel Management courses, the candidate should score a minimum of 35% marks in class 12 with Science, Maths and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates applying for Pharmacy, should score a minimum of 35% marks in their class 12 or other equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Maths as compulsory subjects.
- For modern office practice, the candidate should score a minimum of 35% marks in their class 12 or other equivalent exam (any discipline) from a recognised board.
Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam Application Process
- The candidates are required to apply for Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam only through offline mode. The application form and the prospectus will be available at the designated centres for a payment of Rs. 600.
- Candidates can also avail the application from through Demand Draft of Rs. 600 payable in favour of Director of Technical Education at Panaji.
- The applications forms are to be filled with appropriate details and submitted along with other essential documents via speed post or in person at-
Director of Technical Education (DTE)
Opp Education Department
Goa, Pin – 403521
- Official Website: http://dte.goa.gov.in/
Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam Pattern
The Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam question paper will comprise of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths.
No. of questions: 75
Duration: 2 hours
Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam Selection Process
The merit list for Goa Polytechnic Entrance Exam will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in their board exam and polytechnic entrance examination. Candidates belonging to NCC and sports quota will be offered extra marks as per Govt. norms.